Tuesday, December 16, 2014

YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY

This feature on my blog showcases one of my great loves and personal hobbies:
FILM MUSIC.
I am a passionate fan of film music and my collection of film music is vast but I want to combine that with a visual aspect (which film music should be aligned too) so I'm going to use You Tube to accomplish this goal.
I will search through You Tube and find videos that feature film music and embed those videos on this blog.


THE MATRIX - SUBWAY FIGHT
One of the most overlooked film music accomplishments of the last decade was Don Davis' trilogy of scores for The Matrix movies.  Here is the subway fight between Neo and Smith from the first movie and what is interesting to note is the nature of the music and how it seems to repeat the same musical figure over and over again.  This is characteristic of a kind of music known as Minimalism where small musical fragments are repeated over and over again in what is known as an ostinato pattern.  So what we have here is Minimalistic film music.  Very interesting and distinctive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment