Tuesday, December 9, 2014

 

YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY

This feature on my blog showcases one of my great loves and personal hobbies:
FILM MUSIC.
I am a passionate fan of film music and my collection of film music is vast but I want to combine that with a visual aspect (which film music should be aligned too) so I'm going to use You Tube to accomplish this goal.
I will search through You Tube and find videos that feature film music and embed those videos on this blog.


So this year I've become a fairly large Doctor Who fan.  I watched all the episodes of the new series (restarted in 2005) on Netflix and a few of the episodes from the original series.  I've bought a bunch of the seasons now and am hoping to get some Doctor Who stuff for Christmas.
Here I present one of the best scenes from the new series that I've seen.  It is the Eleventh Doctor's (Matt Smith) regeneration into the newest Twelfth Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and even though I was sad to see Smith go, this scene is really great but what I would like to point out is the music by the series composer, Murray Gold.  It is pitch-perfect in this scene taking you right along with the emotions of the actors all the way to the revelation of the new Doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment