Wednesday, December 17, 2014

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?

It's time for a new feature on this blog which will once more feature YouTube clips that I think are incredibly cool or incredibly funny and are a must-see for everyone.

Once upon a time, I had aspirations to be a professional trumpet player.  I played trumpet in school and college but then discovered that I had been taught to play wrong right from the beginning and it was too much of a handicap for me to make a career out of it.
One of my favorite trumpet players of all time is Christian artist, Phil Driscoll.  Here he sings (he sounds exactly like Joe Cocker) and plays Amazing Grace.  He often employed a unique echo/reverb microphone that made him sound like he was playing in some Gothic cathedral and at the end of the song he plays a fluglehorn.  If you want to skip right to the trumpet playing, it starts at about the two minute mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment