Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WRESTLETALK

 


So I was just watching some Monday Night Wars episodes on the WWE Network about, obviously, the Monday Night Wars waged in the late 1990s between WWE and WCW.  Now, back then I was a staunch WCW supporter as I've always held the WWE at arm's length.  I tolerate and watch some of the WWE but if it dissappeared tomorrow I wouldn't miss it and I think the wrestling world would be much better if the McMahon family had never been a part of it, much less dominate it. 
One of the best books about the Monday Night Wars is The Death of WCW (whose 10th Anniversary Edition was just released) by R.D. Reynolds and Bryan Alvarez.  This book, obviously, chronicles the death of WCW as they were on the losing side of the Monday Night Wars and it is, as stated already, one of the most thorough and insightful books on the subject anywhere.  It presents a chronicle of the time period in an honest and fair way, blaming WCW for its own mistakes while acknowledging the many things they did right and how the federation deserved better and if not for a few mistakes and one determined TV executive should still be in operation today.
I would definitely recommend this book to any wrestling fan especially if you were a WCW fan as it may give you a little closure to what happened to a wrestling federation that I got a lot of enjoyment from over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment