Monday, February 16, 2015


MICRO HERO OF THE DAY


OK, its time for a new feature on this blog featuring micro heroes.

Costume Variations
for
BATMAN



So recently I finally got around to watching Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises and it was so awful that I could probably write a book on all the things wrong with that movie.  However, it got me thinking back to Nolan's first Batman movie, Batman Begins.  So, I went and bought the movie (for $2 on DVD, pretty good deal) and watched it again to see if it's a little better than I remember.
And you know what, Batman Begins is not too bad.
Now before anyone starts yelling hypocrite after all the time I've wailed against Nolan's movies, Batman Begins is not a perfect movie.  It suffers from horrible casting and some questionable conceptual ideas (such as the Batmobile).  But, as far as an origin story for Batman, it's not half bad.  All the elements are there including a correct portrayal of Bruce Wayne as a persona that Batman puts on to fool people and the fact that Bruce Wayne never came back from his travels and training - Batman came back.
I have to admit that Batman Begins is the best of the Nolan Batman trilogy and probably the best that Nolan could do with his limited understanding of the character of Batman as seen in the other movies of the trilogy, especially The Dark Knight Rises, but don't get me started on that because I could write a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment