Wednesday, November 26, 2014

YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY

This feature on my blog showcases one of my great loves and personal hobbies:
FILM MUSIC.
I am a passionate fan of film music and my collection of film music is vast but I want to combine that with a visual aspect (which film music should be aligned too) so I'm going to use You Tube to accomplish this goal.
I will search through You Tube and find videos that feature film music and embed those videos on this blog.


I just recently posted my Top Scores for the 2000s and surprised myself with the number of Hans Zimmer scores that I had on the list (see my Top Scores of the 2000s here:  http://mattstarr28.blogspot.com/2014/11/film-music-musings-here-is-on-this-blog_24.html ).
So for the You Tube Film Music Cue of the Day here is a very poignant (and violent) scene from Gladiator with music by Hans Zimmer.  Notice how the music just sort of creeps up and then keeps building and perfectly portrays the utter anguish Commodus is feeling as he feels it necessary to kill his father, the Emperor Marcus Aurelius.


No comments:

Post a Comment