Tuesday, July 8, 2014

 

YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY

This feature on my blog showcases one of my great loves and personal hobbies:
FILM MUSIC.
I am a passionate fan of film music and my collection of film music is vast but I want to combine that with a visual aspect (which film music should be aligned too) so I'm going to use You Tube to accomplish this goal.
I will search through You Tube and find videos that feature film music and embed those videos on this blog.
So,
without further ado, here is the
YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY

Against my better judgement, I recently saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and I was particularly interested in the music by Hans Zimmer who has, inexplicably, become the go-to composer for superhero movies these days after his music for The Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel.  During the movie I remember hearing this trumpet fanfare theme for Spidey and was impressed with it.  After listening to it on the score album in a cue entitled "I'm Spiderman", I must say that this is a really good, super heroic fanfare theme.  My only question is:  Why wasn't this used for Superman in Man of Steel?  Superman has been long associated with fanfare themes going back to the classic John Williams score for the 1978 movie and this would have been perfect for the Man of Steel.  As it is, it's actually a bit much for Spider-Man whose music should be a bit more tinged with the angst of his character (like Danny Elfman did for the original Spidey trilogy).  Still its a neat theme and probably the best thing I've heard from Zimmer for a superhero movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment