Thursday, January 23, 2014



YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY

This feature on my blog showcases one of my great loves and personal hobbies:
FILM MUSIC.

I am a passionate fan of film music and my collection of film music is vast but I want to combine that with a visual aspect (which film music should be aligned too) so I'm going to use You Tube to accomplish this goal.
I will search through You Tube and find videos that feature film music and embed those videos on this blog.

So,
without further ado, here is the
YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY


 

Here is the main title of Brian Tyler's Thor 2.  Now I must say that the movie was sort of a mess with the screenwriters bastardizing one of Thor's most epic story arcs.

In case you didn't know, this story arc comes from the issues around Thor #350 and in the comics, Malekith (who is the leader of the Dark Elves) steals the casket of ancient winters (which was in the first Thor movie, I don't know why they abandoned it for this movie) and blankets the Earth with a vast winter storm and then invades Earth with his Dark Elves.  He does this to lure the Asgardian army to Earth leaving Asgard defenseless so that the great fire demon, Surtur can invade Asgard and light his Doomsday Sword in the Eternal Flame and burn Asgard to Ragnarok.  All goes according to plan but Thor figures things out and returns to Asgard just as Surtur is at the gates (and has knocked Heimdall for a loop). 
Thor and Surtur battle, with Thor coming out the worse for wear, but before he is killed by Surtur, Odin rescues him and with his magics, heals Thor of his wounds.  In the meantime, Loki shows up and battles Surtur (because he wants to be the only one to destroy Asgard and kill Odin).  Finally, Odin and Thor show back up and then the three square off in a mighty throwdown with Surtur.  Thor and Loki are subdued but then Odin uses his Odinpower to grow to huge size to combat Surtur in hand-to-hand combat (remember Surtur is a giant, and I mean GIANT, fire demon) and they both fall into a crevice that closes up after they are swallowed up.  Thor and Loki both yell, "Father!!!" but Odin is gone. 
This turns out to be the first of Odin's apparent deaths and I must tell you that at the time that I read these issues I was completely Asgardian Aghast.  It was powerful stuff and that is why the writers of the movie chose these particular characters to exploit in this new Thor movie.
My main beef with the story is the changing of the cask of ancient winters to this darkness and aether thing.  Couldn't all this have been solved by the Norse God of Light, Balder the Brave? Yep.  That's what I thought.  LAME!!!

But the score is pretty good and that's all that really matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment