Tuesday, January 21, 2014





HERCULE POIROT PLEASE

I've taken a break from reading the John Gardner James Bond books and have embarked on an odyssey of literature.  I'm gonna read all the Hercule Poirot novels by Agatha Christie.  I've already read a bunch of them and am currently on Cards on the Table (one of the most famous Poirot novels).  Now, if you think you're smart, read some Agatha Christie novels and you will discover that you are dumber than you look.  There have been a few of these books that I had to re-read just to figure out who died much less who the murderer is.  I've seen a bunch of the movies (especially those that starred Peter Ustinov as Poirot) but I've only read a few of the books and that was years ago.  So far, I haven't read a bad Poirot novel.  They all flow real well and so far haven't felt ponderous and they are short enough to read in two or three sittings.  Probably the most ingenious one that I've read so far has been The Murder of Roger Ackroyd which has a twist at the end that will set your mind spinning.
As a bonus, I recently came into a little money and I used that to buy all the Poirot novels in the above edition of oversized paperbacks.  They are gonna look great on a shelf one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment