Sunday, August 3, 2014

YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY

This feature on my blog showcases one of my great loves and personal hobbies:
FILM MUSIC.
I am a passionate fan of film music and my collection of film music is vast but I want to combine that with a visual aspect (which film music should be aligned too) so I'm going to use You Tube to accomplish this goal.
I will search through You Tube and find videos that feature film music and embed those videos on this blog.
So,
without further ado, here is the
YOU TUBE FILM MUSIC CUE OF THE DAY

As I said in an earlier post about Star Trek: The Motion Picture having a lot to be desired as a movie, the score was Jerry Goldsmith's crowning achievement of the 1970's.  There are parts of this movie that consist of nothing but the characters starring at a viewer screen in wonderment and to the music of Jerry Goldsmith.
That said, the best moment of the film is when Kirk and Scotty are doing a flyby of the starship Enterprise in spacedock (and keep in mind that this is the first time anyone had seen the Enterprise on the big screen) and it consists of sweeping camera shots of the ship and Jerry Goldsmith's transcendent music.  It is a magical movie moment and I present it here from YouTube for your enjoyment.


No comments:

Post a Comment